Woodside Cemetery & Arboretum offers free grave spaces for Veterans in the Section 3 Military Section. We have grave spaces available in Section 3 Group II and Group III
Requirements for burial or cremation burial are:
- DD-214 Military Discharge Document showing Honorable Discharge
- Resident of Middletown or Immediate Surrounding Area or a Middletown Resident at the time of entry or discharge as noted on the DD-214 Discharge Paper.
- Flush Granite Markers are provided by the US Government – search: VA Marker Application 40-1330 to apply for the stone. Please be advised that we use only Flat Granite Stones in our Military Section.
- Foundation/Setting charges for the stones are partially paid by the Butler County Commissioners.
- The cost to the Veteran or Veterans’s family is the opening and closing labor charges.